Many things ranging from secular academia, charisma, zeal and anointing of the Holy Spirit and many more might be helpful, the tools a leader/shepherd/pastor needs most are to have a wide-ranging and growing knowledge of scripture, real practical ministry skills, and continual challenges to grow spiritually. In light of this Covenant Family Leadership is led to develop an in house training opportunity for all those who would far in our way of commission, filled with spiritual burden to them provide them with these thought to be tools for a n effective and efficient ministry service. This is what gave birth to this school vision from the onset of starting the school.
To extend non-formal theological training to our untrained passionate to serve church leaders and to be pastors. Our training utilizes biblical, systematic, portable and comprehensive approach to providing the foundational equivalent of a good Bible school training that can be functional in our setting. For now our training takes place once every week ( after Sunday service) that can last for about three hours of interactive church lecture and discussion under the supervision of the Ministry founder & Co-founders who were called, gone through a an intensive practical ministerial training, served and now runs their own Ministry under which this school is a wing.
At CFSM we believe if any of our members or any person goes through our training which is progressive and allow he or she should if fully birthed into the spirit of the ministry vision would have the necessary Bible knowledge, ministry skills and character to properly minister to Christ’s church. He can best be described with three words: COMPETENT, CONFORMED and CAPABLE.
What can these mean?
1. COMPETENT in the Scripture:
- He knows, understands and how to apply God’s Word.
- He has a biblical world view in basic ministry skills.
- He is apt to teach/preach God’s Word with the goal of perfecting God’s people for the work of the ministry.
- He/ she may be able to counsel, lead and comfort those entrusted to shepherdorial responsibility.
2. CONFORMED as a reflection of the Lord Jesus Christ:
- His character and conduct reflect the grace of Christ.
- Being a Spirit-led servant leader.
- Thirsty to growing in spiritual maturity.
3. CAPABLE of bearing fruit after its kind:
- He/ she must actively be multiplying and investing in other leaders.
In summary: The goal of CFSM is to perfect a pastor or church leader to know the Lord’s Word, walk faithfully in His grace and minister to His people.
We are not that too sure we have been able to articulate our total vision we are pregnant with for this ministry in this short concept of ours, but we are convinced been just a two years old ministry with great as we perceive potentiality there are many extensions to this school vision.